Cherry Ice Cream with Chocolate Chips

Cherry Ice Cream with Chocolate Chips

Every year about this time, I'm invited to pick Bing cherries at our next door neighbor Pat's yard. Pat picks all she can freeze and eat for the year, and anything left is for friends or the birds. There is something truly glorious about standing in the shade of a cherry tree ripe with cherries, and picking them and eating them right there on the spot. As kids we would have pit spitting contests to see how far we could make them fly. Do kids even do this any more? They've already bred the seeds out of watermelons, I sure hope they don't breed the pits out of cherries. Call me old fashioned, but I don't mind working for my food, pits, seeds and all.

Continue reading "Cherry Ice Cream with Chocolate Chips" »

0 komentar: