Watermelon Salad with Feta or Cotija

Watermelon Salad with Feta or Cotija

Call me unadventurous, but I had never even heard of a watermelon feta salad before versions of it started popping up on food blogs everywhere. Even then, the very thought of it gave me pause. Watermelon, with salty cheese? Yeah, right. But watermelon sprinkled with salt is how many people enjoy the fruit, so perhaps it isn't too far of a stretch to consider that it might be good with salty cheese? Last week my curiosity was finally satisfied when I was served such a salad at a dinner given by my friend Peg. I couldn't wait to recreate it and experiment as well with a more Southwest version with cilantro and cumin. Both versions are wonderfully refreshing and light, and perfect for heat-wave days like we are having now in California.

Continue reading "Watermelon Salad with Feta or Cotija" »

0 komentar: